Monday, February 08, 2010

"sup"



Someone recommended an iPhone app to me called Grindr. Downloaded it last night, entered my info (platonic, intelligent friends sought, etc.), then up popped dozens of men online within a 10 mile radius who were looking at that moment.

The phone suddenly buzzed in my hand and emitted a loud "ta-DAH!" sound, nearly dropped the stupid thing. The guy trying to chat me up typed in "Sup". I stared at his pic blankly. I almost typed in "No thanks, I've eaten. Good night." Guess he didn't catch the "intelligent" requirement in my info.

I shut the app down and listened to NPR news instead.

From the app's site: "Simply download the Grindr app to view who’s around and start chatting with a local dude."

I tend to associate the word "dude" with "rube", "crude", or just plain "plebeian". I dunno. Maybe it's cultural but I never liked that word. lulz.


No comments: