Tuesday, October 06, 2009

catch up with me





Listen to it loud.

It's autumn.

I hadn't really been updating this blog for while mostly because nothing interesting has been happening for me since the last time. Things around me, though, move along with their own momentum. Me, I'm still in a kind of limbo.

My close friend and niece K plans to come down from the bay area to visit in a couple weeks. Whether she actually does is uncertain, she lives a rather organic life steeped in certain emotions. My other friend G plans to visit on Halloween weekend. If they both come as planned it will be a much needed break each time from my mom. I practically never get out anymore, primarily out of lack of momentum and thrift.

I don't plan on taking up job hunting again until early next year, when it'll be almost a year since I've been employed and enjoyed a steady income. I only hope I'm still marketable, the longer you don't work the less valuable you're perceived to be. But I'm fairly optimistic. Relying on mom for handouts is taking its toll on me, though it's not too sufferable because I'm pretty much her personal assistant. The free home cooked meals are awesome.

Much of my time lately has been spent watching back to back episodes of Dexter via Netflix. I've been gaming intensively, too. Recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum, one of the finest games I've ever experienced. Also working on Wet off and on, when I'm in a cheap, filmic, campy mood. But my current fixation is on the upcoming Dragon Age: Origins, Bioware's next epic sized RPG. You know what that means - I'll be "gone" for the next few months.

I'm thinking of joining a gay men's support group again, like I did in Oregon several years ago. There's one that's very close to me, but I need to find out how it works and if the program I'm on can pay for it if there's a charge. It could ignite some kind of a social life for me, something I hadn't had in a long time, at least on a regular basis.

I can't really complain that much. I have good home, a warm bed to sleep in, a full tummy, and the epitome of a selfless, loving, devoted mother. But I'm still in limbo. Again. Not much I can do about certain things, like the dearth in the job market. That one's just a matter of time. My ideal gig would be a good full-time job, a fairly robust social life, and being able to look after Mom. I only hope I don't go crazy waiting things out for it all to come together, whenever that may be.


1 comment:

nikki said...

love the song, b. xoxo