Sunday, October 23, 2005

stealth me away



Sam Fisher. I can invent stories of how he and I could become entangled. Perhaps I'm an innocent civilian somehow caught in the crossfire of international government conflicts, an otherwise very masculine world on the brink of war, as in the impressionistic stories in any of the games I've played with him.

Why him? Why fall in love? It has, ultimately, nothing to do with him being some kind of perfect specimen. On the contrary, he is imperfect. I'm aroused not because of his strengths, but because of his weaknesses, his vulnerabilities. My pleasure comes from watching how he attempts to hide those weaknesses - a dark sense of humour, cynicism, a little sigh of impatience. All experienced in nightvision. Or thermal enhanced images.

Sam isn't perfect, no. He's old, for one. He's a father, possibly a single dad (divorced? widowed?). Digital heroes aren't supposed to be parents, right? He's not refined. He'd make a terrible guest at a cocktail party. He doesn't like attention at all, and not just because of his profession. He's slippery.....and wet. He has a most erotically manly yet silent swagger; you can see how those little gadgets swing off his toolbelt invitingly.

I want so badly to come up behind him, close enough to hear him breathe, feel the heat from his body through his black catsuit. But naturally, I would never do that. You do NOT sneak up behind Sam Fisher. Thus on that awareness, I'd rather he sneak up behind me, with a low breathy, gruff greeting...

"Hi there....."

No comments: